For this project the client wanted an updated design along with the ability to add content. The overall objective was to provide the client with a space of credibility.
A custom training section was developed for the purpose of describing the services the client was able to offer.
The final piece to this project was to put together the clients bio section, which included the portrait shot assets. Training on how to use the website was included and has allowed the client to post information related to their services.
Professional Site V1.1
Although I have built and consulted on many web site project, there is nothing like the adventure of creating your own space on the Internet. This initial design was built as an informational site for everything about me. I created an original, full screen template for the Joomla content management system.
The benefits of building an original template for any system may outweigh the trials and tribulations…nothing like learning by doing. However, several aspects of this design did not pan out how I wished. I also believe the workflow of creating an original template is not efficient and necessary for every situation.
The space allowed me to present my resume in digital format for anyone to see. I also was able to create a portfolio of some past projects. Finally, I included links to the ever important social media portals. Overall, this was a good project for me that increased my knowledge and confidence to provide a respectable site.
Kristin needed an update to her original professional site. The old site was using outdated technology that was not compliant with the latest platforms and therefore could not always be seen by her clients. I did not fully design this site, however, my role was more at a consulting level. Guiding her through the process of updating her design, and providing asset creation.
One of the main contribution I made to this project was to clean up some of Kristin’s project photos. Her work is visual and therefore must be represented in the cleanest manner possible. I edited several photos and made the necessary adjustments for the assets to stand out when necessary.
The final result has been an increase in traffic to her site and helped get her name out to a new clients. This project is an ongoing effort as we continue to work together in building her brand. Check out some Design Mockups I am creating for her and stay tuned for more updates.